I've been trying to identify a loud squeeking noise that I get when I first let out the clutch or Lett of the gas under hard acceleration. I've never heard anything like it before......sounds like a loud squeek / tick / pop I removed my traction bars and the sound remained. Would dropping the drive shaft tell me if its in the rear end or clutch? Anyone ever heard anything like that before? Any checks I can do to check to see if its the rear end or the tranny? Thanks
Do you still have the stock clutch linkage??? If so...The bushings are worn out and or lack of lubrication...The stuff does move around with the engine on decel and acceleration.
Could it be my drum brake on the rear??? I can rock the car back and forth in gear and hear the noise......its coming from my rear passenger tire area. Can't tell for sure what it is. When it rolls to the pint the tranny stops it a sqeek popping noise comes from that area....... Drum brake? Shock? Loosing my mind lol
Ok nvmd not the brakes or shock. Video coming. Definitely coming from my rear end. Need some advice from you 9" guys out there.
u-bolts around the axle? tight? the center section itself can't flex, but the whole axle can if it's not tightened down. also, check the backing plates of the axle shafts.
Sounds like a dry U joint...Can you grease em??? Also...You may want to check the the mounts on the frame raild where the sway bar end links mount...The bracket likes to eat the frame rails causing cracks and elongated holes in em... I was referring to the Z bar bushings between the engine and the frame rail...But thats def not it in your case...
U bolts and axle nuts are both tight. They are greasable. Pulled the driveshaft back on the rear u joint.....no grease in the grease gun go figure. U joint does appear to be well lubed though. Gonna grab some grease and grease it anyways.
How tight are the U bolts that hold the U joint to the yoke??? They should be hand tight...Like 8 to 10 ft lbs on the nuts...If you reef em down, it distorts the U joint caps and all the grease in the world wont help.