Mallory Tach setup issues...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Mustangnut, Aug 5, 2014.

  1. Mustangnut

    Mustangnut Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2010
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Garage:
    1
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mustang 5.0
    I bought a mallory tach from a guy locally for a few bucks. So I gather from the wiring that red is 12v ign hot, black is ground, white is backlight....... I've got all these hooked up and functioning...... and the green wire is the tach signal.
    Already found on from the website that the built in rev limiter on the tach will not function with my mallory hyfire vi-a box ( go figure lol ).
    Anyways I'm not sure where I should connect the green tach wire to..........
    I have two free wires on the hyfire ( green and purple ) directions show that they are for other types of dizzy......

    Oddly enough I've never hooked up a tach before and I don't have the slightest clue lmao.

    Thanks
     
  2. mercgt73

    mercgt73 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2003
    Messages:
    3,831
    Likes Received:
    359
    Trophy Points:
    223
    Location:
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    1973 Comet GT (clone), 1974 Mustang II, 1980 Bobcat Wagon
  3. Mustangnut

    Mustangnut Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2010
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Garage:
    1
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mustang 5.0
    I had way different directions. Thanks a ton!
     
  4. mercgt73

    mercgt73 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2003
    Messages:
    3,831
    Likes Received:
    359
    Trophy Points:
    223
    Location:
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    1973 Comet GT (clone), 1974 Mustang II, 1980 Bobcat Wagon
    No problem! (y)
     
  5. Mustangnut

    Mustangnut Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2010
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    18
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Garage:
    1
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mustang 5.0
    That did the trick.
     

Share This Page